About Accounts Limited is a small, forward thinking accountancy practice based in High Wycombe who are committed to working with local schools and colleges to help deliver a financial education programme capable of producing young adults confident in handling their own financial affairs and able to deliver the qualities required by business.
Although Economic Wellbeing and Financial Capability is a non-statutory part of the curriculum, schools and colleges do have a legal responsibility to provide opportunities for work related learning and careers education. In addition, there is no doubt that students need to be proficient in managing their money, appreciating financial terms and products and able to understand personal tax and wages.
Guidance provided to schools and colleges by statutory bodies specifies the need for students to
- Have direct and indirect contact with people from business
- Receive information, advice and guidance from specialists
- Undertake work-based and school-based activities to study the ideas, challenges and opportunities facing businesses
About Accounts Limited has developed a suite of 45 minute seminars which can be delivered to Year 11 and 13 at times appropriate to your timetable availability or as an after-school event.
Through a series of slides and practical exercises About Accounts can deliver the following
- PERSONAL BUDGETING
- money management, budgets, savings, debt
- tax and NI calculation and claiming refunds
- STARTING EMPLOYMENT
- rights and responsibilities on working hours, minimum wage, health & safety
- wages and payslips, tax code notices, forms P45, P60 and P11D
- TYPES OF BUSINESS
- organisation structures, skills & qualities businesses need
- local and national changes in employment patterns
- RUNNING YOUR OWN BUSINESS
- types of business vehicles, set up, raising finance, books and records
- employing people and VAT
- cash flow and budgets
- MOVING ON
- professional qualifications
- promotion, changing direction, lifelong learning
About Accounts Limited is a small and independent accountancy practice providing tailored accountancy services to local small and medium sized businesses. Deborah, the director, is a qualified accountant who has also taught AAT at Amersham & Wycombe College. She has been employed at all levels up to Financial Controller in both manufacturing and financial services industries before starting her own business. She is therefore perfectly placed to understand and requirements of both employer and employee through her experiences on both sides of the business model.
The cost of each seminar is £150 per 30 students and covers the 45 minute tutorial, 15 minutes ‘Q&A’ and all handouts and course materials.